All of the races start and finish on campus of the University of Illinois — home of the Fighting Illini. Start near Assembly Hall, run through crowd-filled neighborhoods and tree-lined parks, and finish on the 50-yard line of historic Memorial Stadium.
The maps show course routes; mile markers; hydration, gel, and medical stations; and relay exchange zones. All of the maps are PDF files.
The maps below are for the 2015 races.
- Marathon and relay (2 pages)
- Half marathon
- Course Porta-potties location/quantity map - Check for an update closer to the race
- Beltway (how drivers can avoid road closures on race day)
- Within the Loop(specific information and instructions that should provide aid to those who need to travel through the community on race day) - Check for an update closer to the race
- Course Impact Times
- Expo and race-day parking
- Running Along an Ice Age Trail (how glaciers formed the topography of the race course; 4MB)
The full marathon is certified and a Boston qualifier. The half marathon is also certified. The certification number is IL-09126-JW.
We will have free parking for runners and spectators. See the map.
Hydration Stations/GU Stations
There are 16 hydration stations on the course. Hydration stations will be stocked with water (all stations), Lemon-Lime Gatorade (most stations), and GU (mile 6.5, which is shortly after marathon relay exchange zone A; mile 13.1; mile 17; and mile 21).
The following flavors of GU will be served at these four locations: Mile 6.5 (vanilla bean, strawberry banana, and tri berry); Mile 13.1 (vanilla bean, strawberry banana, tri berry, and mandarin orange); Mile 17 (vanilla bean, strawberry banana, tri berry, and mandarin orange); and Mile 21 (vanilla bean, strawberry banana, tri berry, and mandarin orange).
Relax. There will be plenty of portable toilets at the start and even more along the entire course than in 2014.
You will not be able to run more than a couple of miles without being entertained by musicians, cheerleaders, or other performers. Check the entertainment page for more information as it develops.
Our official race photographer is MarathonFoto, the leader in sports photography around the world. Photos will be available for purchase shortly after the completion of your race.