With almost 20,000 runners and walkers sharing our streets Friday evening and Saturday morning, a little planning will go a long way toward making your spectating, errands, or commuting go smoothly.
- Course Map shows what parts of town are affected by the races.
- Beltway Map shows how to get across town without running into race traffic.
- Table of Course Impact Times tells you when we estimate that runners will first appear at various mile markers on the course during the marathon, as well as the peak runner volume and the last runners. You can use this information to plan viewing and in-town travel on race day. In Urbana, roads will be closed until the cleanup crews have passed. Cross-traffic will be allowed before roads reopen, after the peak runner volume has passed and safe gaps appear between runners. In Champaign, no roads are closed, but cars must yield to runners.
- Within the Loop is especially useful for people surrounded by the race course.
- Illinois Marathon Parking Restrictions. List of no parking areas around town during race weekend.
- Impact on in-town bus service: Learn of all MTD bus reroutes as a result of the Illinois Marathon events this weekend.